Since it was established in 2003, the VGT collaboration:
- Has removed from harm hundreds of children around the world victims of online child sexual exploitation;
- Conducted numerous targeted law enforcement operations into online and offline offending, resulting in over 1000 suspects being investigated; and,
- Identified and held to account hundreds of online child sex offenders worldwide.
Such examples of these operations include:
- Operation Globe (November 2016), a six-month global initiative to combat online child abuse, which resulted in the arrest of 20 offenders, and the identification of approximately 30 victims in 18 cases, some of which are still ongoing. Further arrest and victim identification is expected, while a number of offenders and facilitators are being prosecuted and sentenced to jail terms of up to 16 years.
- Operation Atlas (November 2015) – resulted in 303 arrests, and the identification of 106 victims in a combined effort of 10 VGT Members. The results proved the need for continuous collaboration in order to prevent further offending and increase the identification and rescue of victims.
- Operation Endeavour (Jan 2014) – an organized crime group that facilitated the live streaming of on-demand child sexual abuse in the Philippines was dismantled after a joint investigation by the U.K.’s National Crime Agency (NCA), the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Operation Endeavor which began in 2012, has to date resulted in: 29 international arrests, of which 11 were part of the facilitation group in the Philippines; 15 children in the Philippines aged between 6-15 identified and safeguarded from sexual abuse; and over £37,500 ($60,000) identified as having been paid for the live abuse of children by the customer network.
- Operation Rescue (March 2011) – a global online child sex offender network consisting of thousands of online members was shattered, resulting in more than 200 children being safe-guarded and 184 offenders arrested across the globe. This operation started in 2007 and involved cooperation between seven of the VGT member agencies, including the Australian Federal Police, the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre in the United Kingdom, the New Zealand Police, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Tthe Royal Canadian Mounted Police ‘s National Child Exploitation Coordination Centre, the Italian Postal and Communications Police Service and Europol.
- Operation Basket (December 2010) – resulted in approximately 230 commercial child sexual exploitation websites being taken down and five key members of the criminal organisation behind these web sites being arrested in the Ukraine
- Operation Elm (August 2008) – over 360 suspects were identified worldwide, over 50 UK arrests and at least 15 children safeguarded.
- Operation Chandler (June 2007) – more than 700 suspects were identified worldwide and more than 40 children safeguarded worldwide.